WELCOME ~
AUTUMN~ GLORIOUS AUTUMN IN ALL IT'S SPLENDOR AND MAJESTY!

My very favorite time of year...The leaves and such are dying, but for me personally,
I become completely alive this time of year, especially in the mountains!!
I just love everyone and every thing a bushel and a peck in the Fall!!!!

Come sit a spell, and enjoy some real life stories, recipes, poems, musings
and so much more for your pleasure.
I hope you will enjoy every second, and that you will be blessed here.

I WANT TO ADD THAT THIS WAS WRITTEN AS I REMEMBER IN 2007 WITH SOME OF THE POSTS WRITTEN BEFORE ... AT THE TIME I HAD LOST MY DARLING HUSBAND BART TO A BRAIN TUMOR IN 2004 .. WE WERE IN MINISTRY TOGETHER (HEART TO HEART CHRISTIAN CHURCH) AND WE HAD BEEN MARRIED ALMOST 35 WONDERFUL GOD FILLED YEARS ... I THEN WAS SO BLESSED TO MEET MY JOE IN A PRAYER ROOM IN CHRISTIAN MINGLE .... ALSO AN ORDAINED MINISTER.. WE MINISTERED MANY PLACES AND WE DID ART SHOWS WHERE WE SHOWED OUR JEWELRY CREATIONS AND JOE ALSO CREATED PERFUME THE WAS GOD BREATHED ... AND OTHER ITEMS SUCH AS LIGHTED ITEMS ETC.. JOE DIED IN 2013 FROM COMPLICATIONS OF A GALLBLADDER OPERATION. MY 19 YEAR OLD GRANDAUGHTER ALSO DIED IN THAT TIME PERIOD .. I AM NOT SHARING THIS TO COMPLAIN .. I AM SHARING THIS TO LET YOU KNOW THAT OUR GOD IS INCREDIBLE ... FAITHFUL AND HE CARES ABOUT US AND EVERY HAIR ON OUR HEADS ... I SO LOVE THE FALL .. I DO HOPE YOU ENJOY THESE BLOGS ... I HAVE 18 BLOGS IN ALL AND YOU ARE WELCOME TO READ ANY OR ALL ... I HOPE YOU ENJOY AND THAT YOUR AUTUMN IS TRULY GLORIOUS ..








"The tree on the mountain takes whatever the weather brings.
If it has any choice at all, it is in putting down roots as deeply as possible."---
Each New Day" — Corrie Ten Boom


Sunday, June 5, 2011

LESSONS FROM THE MOUNTAINS


TEACHINGS FROM THE MOUNTAINS
from my heart to yours...




Hi Family and Friends...
The mountains bring refreshing to my soul, peace to my mind and healing to my body. I always feel very alive and exhilarated when I am in the mountains... my faith is renewed and my hope restored. Especially in the Autumn when God displays His heavenly paintbrush of color. How awesome is our God!!

When I was in the mountains one time, the Lord told me as we were high, high up... that I could not see around the turn of the road on the mountain, but ......He CAN! We can put our trust in Him for what comes next in life. He also told me when we are high up we see things from a different perspective... a heavenly perspective so to speak, also He sharpens our spiritual vision and all our spiritual and natural senses also become keener... well, they do for me anyway!!! Things of the earthly realm seem very small and insignificant up high.. that is why God wants us to be close to Him seeing from HIS perspective, worries, concerns and worldly fears all melt and we begin to see from the Lord’s point of view and not our own, we begin to see in a new way what He has called us to do. Lord lift us all up where we belong.

I loved the book Hind's Feet in High Places where the Shepherd Girl said to the Good Shepherd… she wished she could stay in the mountains forever ... and yet He showed her the many down in the Valley that needed help yet... There are times to be in the mountains literally and spiritually and times to be in the earthly realm, but I want always to have my heart in the High Places with God!!!!1

Here are the words to a song I saw on my girlfriend’s site by Stephen Curtis Chapman - Sparrow Music... hope it blesses you... blessings ... Donna

"THE MOUNTAIN"
I want to build a house up on this mountain
Way up high where the peaceful waters flow
To quench my thirsty soul
Up on the mountain

CHORUS

My faith is strengthened by all that I see
You make it easy for me to believe up on the mountain
Oh, up on the mountain

I would love to live up on this mountain
And keep the pain of living life so far away
But I know I can’t stay
Up on the mountain

CHORUS

I said I’d go, Lord, wherever You lead
For where You are is where I most want to be
And I can tell we’re headed for the valley
My faith is strengthened by all that I’ve seen
So Lord help me remember what You’ve shown me
Up on the mountain

CHORUS 2
You bring me up here on this mountain
For me to rest and learn and grow
I see the truth up on the mountain And I carry it to the world far below
So as I go down to the valley
Knowing that You will go with me
This is my prayer, Lord
Help me to remember what You’ve shown me
Up on the mountain
Up on the mountain

I cherish these times up on the mountain
But I can leave this place because I know
Someday You’ll take me home to live forever
Up on the mountain


Blessings... Donna written 2006
Please ask permission before using information on this blog.
Thank You



No comments:

Post a Comment